Help with BSOD. Can BTHUSB event id 34 and BTHUSB event id 6 be contributing to my BSODs?

Copper Contributor

I am running a Lenovo Yoga with original W10P installation (not an upgrade from previous OS). In the last few days I have encountered several BSODs and I suspect that one or two USB devices could be the cause. None of the USB devices I am using have caused me grief in the past but perhaps using 4 at once is the straw that broke the camel's back.

For the sake of testing, I attempted to start the laptop with all of the USB devices connected and I got more BSODs.  When I unplugged all of them and booted up with the onboard track mouse, Windows started normally.

Since then, I checked the system logs and found many BTHUSB warnings. They are the following:

1)

Log Name: System
Source: BTHUSB
Date: 31/07/2020 18:37:55
Event ID: 34
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: IWS01
Description: The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

2)

Log Name: System
Source: BTHUSB
Date: 31/07/2020 18:38:12
Event ID: 6
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: IWS01
Description: Only one active Bluetooth adapter is supported at a time.

The USB devices I am using are: USB wireless mouse, USB Bluetooth adapter, USB hub and a USB thumb drive or a USB printer connected to the hub but not both at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance...Carlos

0 Replies