glitch screen while installing windows 10

Copper Contributor

Hi guys.
Im trying to install windows 10 20h2 build 19042
but after booting Windows From flash memory a glitch screen appeared.
i tried to install Windows 10 BSE 2004 two weeks ago But the same problem happened to me again.
There is no problem with installing previous versions.

Why do I have such a problem?

My solution:
I just update my bios firmware and the problem got fixed. now I can install latest windows 11.
I hope this solution works for you either.

9 Replies
Hi,
I saw the picture and it looks like there is something wrong with your laptop's display, like a hardware problem.
please try to download the latest Windows 10, version 20H2, and use the media creation tool to make a bootable flash drive with it.
try the installation again and report back the results
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thanks, but I do not think the problem will be solved. I will follow your suggestions and inform you of the result
Sounds good :)
Hello this is same with mine it's not any hardware problem i was just booting my laptop whil installing windows 10 and this screen appears and i want to get back to my desktop please help me

first appeared like same on my laptop when i was installing update then i forced shut down and update didn't installed and get failed then everything get normal.

After some days i tried to install windows latest version 22h2 by using usb same screen problem happened then i used a old cd dvd windows 10 2017 released version  now everthing is normal.

I think my laptop is too old to support new version of windows 10...

Can anyone tell me where i can get older official versions of windows... @Siddhant2215 

@mojtaba_nabavi 
Hi, if you still have this problem, I suggest trying windows 10 1909. Use this exact version. Any other version will result in screen glitch and crashing. I've had this problem myself and this solution worked for me. 

You can use Heidoc Windows ISO downloader to download this version in an ISO disk image format directly from Microsoft. 

Please inform me if this worked for you as well. Cheers!

Latest official Windows ISO files can be downloaded directly from Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

You can user media creation tool to create bootable USB flash drive or ISO file.

Hello

I'm facing with glitching problem
Last 2 weeks , i saw my laptop glitched .
At first, i thought it was a window error so i tried to update window 10 the latest version with boot stick.
I plugged the bootable usb to my laptop and then i followed a few step to install the window. But a few minutes later ( installation state ) glitch happened again and than i shut it down .
And i pressed the power button , it's didn't showing anything. It's Just a black screen.
I tried again and again to complete the window update using various ways (clone the disk with another laptop , try again and again with bootable usb and ...)

One day, it's work , it's open the window and everything is fine before a few minutes.After that glitching happened .

Glitching screen ramdomly pops up

Sometimes in the start up state
Sometimes it takes a few minutes
Sometimes a few hours

I fixed it with recovery , updating display driver , updating the window updates and ...
After now glitching doesn't showing anymore
(no glitching in startup state , no glitching in a few minutes ,very long hours )
until installing something
(not every installation)
Just sometime and some installation

Is it window 10 incompatible with my laptop?
Do i need to update window 11 ?

Or

Is it hardware problems?

Thanks to all of you.
hi everyone.
It's quite late but i want to inform you how i fixed the issue.
I just update my bios firmware and the problem got fixed. now I can install latest windows 11.
I hope this solution works for you either.