Getting Win 10 to recognize a PCMCIA card

Copper Contributor

I loaded Win 10 on an older Dell E6500 with an internal PCMCIA slot. Windows seems to run fine and the device manager recognizes the PCMCIA IDE/ATAPI controller, but a PCMCIA card fails to show in Disk Management. Is there a way to get Win 10 to recognize the PCMCIA card?

3 Replies
You can go to device manager and go to your PCMCIA card properties and force it to check in Windows update for new drivers.
also check the card's manufacturer website see if they provided any new driver package.
Every time I try to use my old hardware on Windows 10 and the manufacturer doesn't provide windows 10 driers, i download windows 7 x64 drivers and manually install it using device manager then my old hardware will work with Windows 10. the manual installation is done by extracting the driver files such as .inf files and then from the device manager, browse to that folder containing those files.
don't use Setup.exe because it will detect Windows 10 and will probably give you an error.

@Dan-G1875 

Step 1: Type Control Panel in the search box next to the Windows menu in Windows 10 and open "Control Panel".

Step 2: Navigate to "Device Manager" and open it.

Step 3: Right-click on the SD card and select "Properties", and under the "Driver" tab, click on "Update driver".

Hope this helps you with troubleshooting.

@HotCakeXI think you didn't know what is PCMCIA card at all. And your "answer" is canned.