SOLVED

Forgot Administrator Password Windows 10

Copper Contributor

I have a personal computer that I am unable to access it (I forgot administrator password Windows 10). I have tried multiple combinations and variations of my password, but none of them seem to work. I require my administrator password to install and update software, and to access other files and documents on my computer. I am uncertain of what steps I can take to retrieve administrator password or gain access to Windows 10 computer. I am hoping for some advice or solutions from the forum that can help me overcome this problem and regain access to Windows 10 computer.

[update]:   

Thanks to Cooper325's recommendation, I successfully reset my forgotten Windows 10 admin password using the iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery tool. This allowed me to regain access to my computer without the old password.  I wanted to share this solution for anyone who might be facing a similar predicament.

I got it here:  https://www.iseepasword.com/online-help/windows-password-recovery.html

The picture below shows my computer loading iSeepassword. It detects all accounts and can remove or reset passwords with one click.

reset_my_passwrod.jpg

6 Replies

@Mendeljeak250 

Man, forgetting your Windows 10 administrator password can be a real pain, but don't worry, you're not alone in this! Here are some steps you can try to regain access to your computer:

1. Microsoft Account: If you use a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 10, you can try resetting your Microsoft account password online. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page and follow the instructions there.
  2. Password Reset Disk: If you had the foresight to create a password reset disk, this is the time to use it. Insert it into your computer and follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Another Administrator Account: If there's another admin account on your computer (or someone else who has admin privileges), you can ask them to reset your password for you.

4. Third-Party Software: There are third-party tools like Ophcrack and iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery that can help you reset your password. Be careful with these, though, as they can be a bit technical.
  5. Last Resort - Reinstall Windows: If nothing else works, you might have to reinstall Windows. This will erase all your data, so only do it if you have a backup or if you're okay with losing your files.

Remember, always keep a record of your passwords in a secure place (maybe a password manager) to avoid this situation in the future. Good luck, and I hope you'll be back to using your computer soon! :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes::desktop_computer:️

best response confirmed by Mendeljeak250 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mendeljeak250  As far as I know , there are many ways to help bypass word reset administrator password on Windows.

Alternative Account: If there's another account with admin privileges on your PC, you're in luck. Switch to that account, go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Family & other users," select the accessible account, and change it to Administrator. Then, you can reset your forgotten password from there.

Password Reset Disk: Did you create a password reset disk beforehand? If so, pop it in, and it should walk you through the process of resetting your password.

Local Account Password Reset: For local accounts, you might need some third-party software to crack the password. Tools like "iSeepassword Windows password recovery pro" or "Ophcrack" can come in handy here.

Step by step guide:  https://www.iseepassword.com/online-help/windows-password-recovery.html

iseepassword_windows_password_recovery.jpg

Hello,

If you're using Microsoft account, try to reset the password online using another device, visit this link:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

After resetting the password, see if you can login to original device with new password.

If you're using local account, refer this support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reset-your-windows-local-account-password-86912508-e584-...

Let us know this helps!

Did you set password hints for the account? A password hint is a sort of reminder that helps the user remember their password. A hint could be anything from a single word that reminds you of your password to a full-fledged sentence, a string of characters, or anything else that helps you jump-start your associative memory.

The forgotten password on Windows 10 can be reset if you answered the password hint correctly!

Hi, have you resolved your password issue? How do you resolve that?

Because we don't know what type of user account you used, so please check it before you reading the following password reset tips.

Firstly, a microsoft account password can be recovered from the Live website.

Secondly, a local admin password can be reset by using password reset disk or security questions you created before. Tutorials can be found on the answers mentioned by other people.

use-security-answers-3.jpg

Here I found some other methods available for resetting forgotten Windows 10 administrator password without data loss: https://www.wimware.com/how-to/reset-windows-10-password-command-prompt.html

You can try them yourself. I think the trick which using Windows installation media and command line will help you out.

@Mendeljeak250 pressing f8 has no effect. When I  boot up the screen opens with a request for a password. I have lost the password and can not access the laptop. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mendeljeak250 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mendeljeak250  As far as I know , there are many ways to help bypass word reset administrator password on Windows.

Alternative Account: If there's another account with admin privileges on your PC, you're in luck. Switch to that account, go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Family & other users," select the accessible account, and change it to Administrator. Then, you can reset your forgotten password from there.

Password Reset Disk: Did you create a password reset disk beforehand? If so, pop it in, and it should walk you through the process of resetting your password.

Local Account Password Reset: For local accounts, you might need some third-party software to crack the password. Tools like "iSeepassword Windows password recovery pro" or "Ophcrack" can come in handy here.

Step by step guide:  https://www.iseepassword.com/online-help/windows-password-recovery.html

iseepassword_windows_password_recovery.jpg

View solution in original post