File Explorer shows incorrect date for Date Created

Copper Contributor

Windows10 1909.  I added the "Date Created" column to document listings in File Explorer. Although the column heading is correct, the date shown for every file/folder is a date from last week.  I think it is the date the files were added to OneDrive but I can't be certain of that.  The correct creation date is still in the properties of the file/folder stored on the pc.  If I look at a file listing online in OneDrive they show the correct creation date.   Any ideas of cause or how to fix?

5 Replies

@311battey does it happens for folders which are not being synced with OneDrive too?

It might be date where the folder first Sync from OneDrive.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived   Listings of Files/Folders not synced with OneDrive are correct, they show their actual creation date.

@311battey In that case it is something to do with OneDrive, I suggest open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue. Make sure add screenshot and reproduce steps.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Thanks.  I've sent this problem in via the Feedback Hub as you suggested.

@311battey 

Great, when you submit feedback make sure add as much as detail possible including reproduce steps. This way the problem could be investigated and response accordingly.