File explorer rate column

Copper Contributor

The File Explorer rate column appears to be enabled for only a certain number of file types.  For example, it works with MP4 files, but not with MPG files.  Is there a way to enable the rate column for MPG files in the registry?

6 Replies
Hi,
I tried adding Rating column to Windows Explorer in a folder containing various file types, including one picture that I manually renamed its extension to be .mpg, the rating column still was there.

@HotCakeXIt isn't a matter of whether the column appears in File Explorer.  Even when that column appears in a folder, it is disabled for MPG files, but enabled for MP4 files.  I would like to be able to enable the rating column so that I can rate MPG files and perhaps other file types that are currently disabled.

Which Windows 10 build are you using?

@HotCakeX 

Well file rating has issues, im on insider fast ring and I can't even rate PNG files.
the whole rating procedure is also too hard. have to right-click on files and go to properties then rate and click apply and exit. too much work to do for something so simple

@HotCakeX 

So hasn't anyone, Microsoft included, figured out a way to fix this?  It would be nice if any file could be rated and tagged directly from File Explorer.