Does it better to update your windows with Windows Update Assistant switching from 1909 to 20H2

Copper Contributor

We have around 1800 Pcs which are running with Windows 10 version 1909 till date.
I am curious about is that will be fruit full for our organization to start updating PCs with Microsoft Update Assistant  & migrate from 1909 to 20H2.

9 Replies

@Jazim_Faheem 

Hi, you need to analyze this because the update assistant installs the latest available version of Windows!
But it leaves the settings and files unchanged.
Perform on several computers to check it.
Good luck

I checked and found that users complaint PC slowness after update by Microsoft assistant.
I just wanted to know that what is the best way to upgrade PC's to latest version of windows without reinstalling fresh windows...!

@Jazim_Faheem 

You can check the second possibility - download the media creation tools and perform the update in place, please check it out.

https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10

Hello @A1
I checked both possibilities the updates were successfully installed but the PC's are deadly slow. Configurations are as follows:
HP-6300, Core i3-3rd Generation with 04 GB of DDR3 RAM OS installed on a Hard Drive with no bad sectors.

@Jazim_Faheem 

This confirms that the way of updating does not affect the slowdown of the system!
You need to perform a couple of restarts and download a new update.
If you have outdated applications, update or remove them.
if everything works then remove Windows - Old.

@Jazim_Faheem 

I will add that I also use computers with low performance version 21H2 - but the system works well and is not slow.

@A1 share me your computer specs in which you are running windows version 21H2 smoothly fine.

@Jazim_Faheem 

This is one of those computers that works on 21H2 (does not give the manufacturer not to do advertising)

Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-25 103031.png