Did I Sign In Correctly

Copper Contributor

Hello,

When Microsoft updates my computer, I guess with Windows 10 or something, they say that I have to sign in a certain way or my stuff will not be saved.

This happened to me once before and it required quite an effort on the part of Microsoft support to recover information that was lost, apparently temporarily.  I do not want to go through this nightmare again.

How do I know if I have signed in the right way? I have two passwords per my notes. One says Local password. The other says Microsoft account password. I am not sure which one is the correct one to ensure that everything is properly saved. Local or Microsoft Account?

Also, how can I check now to make sure that I actually entered the right thing so that I do not lose everything?

Thank you so much

2 Replies

@Punkinseed 

Hello
Only a Microsoft account with other services provides full synchronization, and Windows Hello is needed to ensure proper sign-in!
The local account does not provide full synchronization and full security of the flow of data between services!

Hello @Punkinseed,

For a single account, at a time, it can be either a local account or Microsoft account. 

@Punkinseed wrote:

Hello,

When Microsoft updates my computer, I guess with Windows 10 or something, they say that I have to sign in a certain way or my stuff will not be saved.

Can you share me the screenshot of this message, so that I can better help you with this.

Regards.