Desktop and Taskbar breaks.

Copper Contributor

So I bought a new laptop recently and downloaded a few different apps so I can start gaming and such. After I load up windows 10 and open any program my desktop crashes and I can't do anything with it and my taskbar background becomes transparent. I have tried many different things to try and fix this problem and nothing has worked so I don't know what to do from here.

9 Replies
You mentioned, about performing some actions, would you mind list them down?
Have you updated Windows and Graphic Card driver?

@Reza_Ameri Yes I have updated everything on my PC and even upgraded to to pro, which I planned to do anyways, and even did a recovery of my PC and that didn't fix it.

@Vagus 

Hi
I think your taskbar is good - bar transparency is fine in new versions.
I don't understand where the error is>? Microsoft is making interface changes - what Windows compilation do you have?

Have you tried changing the systems composition in settings > personalization . background, or other default compositions - sometimes changing the settings helps.

@Vagus 

I checked now on another computer and you are really right, the taskbar when opening the application is transparent and actually the icons are poorly visible - this is a problem for the visually impaired
I always use high contrast it causes that there is always a black background and only then the icons are very visible, but this is not a solution for everyone!
Your opinion is justified!

Try perform a clean boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
If not enable each services one by one to see which one causing the problem.

@Reza_Ameri 

Hello
I think it will not help - because since Version : 19043.1237 Windows10 I have the same and this is a new behavior of the taskbar - it gets transparent and only icons are visible when you open any application.
For users accustomed to the old bar, this is rated as an error.

@Reza_Ameri 

Yes and this is an example of what that looks like:

Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-20 203152.pngZrzut ekranu 2021-09-20 203300.png

It is not general, sometimes this behavior is due to the graphic card driver, driver conflicts or certain services, so the Clean Boot is good way to identify whether it is caused by third-party service or not.
In any case, we always advise users to file a bug report especially when they are running insider build.