Cursor Issues In Windows 10 Mail App

Copper Contributor

Problem with the Windows Mail app in Windows 10. It lets you drag an email down so there is empty white space above the FROM line in the email, i.e. empty white space between the FROM line and the windows mail app menu bar.

This causes an issue because when you try to reposition the cursor to start typing the email the cursor appears several lines below where you want it to be and can’t be moved.

Also if I receive an email with a link in it and drag the email down (so again empty white space wrongly appears between the email and the windows mail app menu bar), I can’t click on the link in the email anymore. The link only works if I move the cursor up a number of lines above where the link text actually is and click unrelated regular text! So the clicking a link is displaced from the link text.

Raised as case 1027223056, Balwinder at Microsoft Support has seen the issue via screen sharing and says it is a bug in the Windows 10 Mail App that needs fixing.

2 Replies
Try to install all the latest windows updates and see if this fix the issue ?

@alitaqvi Thank you for your suggestion, but Microsoft Support already applied all the latest updates and reinstalled Windows 10, but the issue still occurs hence why they say it is a bug.