SOLVED

Cumulative update KB5003214 fails to install

Iron Contributor

Hello Good afternoon Everybody ! Well unexpectedly ONCE AGAIN Windows cumulative update windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1023 failing to install after multiple attempts. This means this is the 4th update in last 3 months that causing severe headaches to Microsoft Users. Just 2 Weeks ago I moved front 20H2 to 21H1 and it went successful but then again the problem starting coming out of nowhere. Shout loud if you have been facing the same issue as I have been facing for quite sometimes now. Cheer Pals

86 Replies

20H2X64
It will be compatible with your version, but of course there is no guarantee that the update will succeed, but it is worth checking.

Andrzej1_0-1633195142368.png

Thanks. I have downloaded it and will try installing it another day. I know it may or may not install.

@Wingy10 

I have such a request before installation , enable optional diagnostic data in the privacy settings, it will allow you to send automatic error logs to the Microsoft team, but it can help you install updates because the installer uses them during system configuration .

I have extracted the files to a special folder. The files are:
SSU-19041.1220-x64.cab
toc.xml
update.cat
update.mum
Windows10.0-KB5005565-x64.cab

What should I do next to update ?

تاکسی فرودگاه امام خمینی در تمام طول شبانه روز بصورت 24 ساعته آماده خدمت رسانی به مسافران گرامی می باشد. برا رزرو تاکسی می توانید بصورت آنلاین از طریق سایت تاکسی وی آی پی اقدام کنید.

Downloaded the catalog update file and parked it in the D:\Updates folder. Then tried using DISM to install the downloaded cab file:
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:D:\Updates\windows10.0-kb5005565-x64_c5b235b81ae5acd9d11ff35edee287b663e5861a.cab

Installation only completed at 3.5% with a error message that the Component Store is corrupted.
This is a really difficult case - only a clean installation of the system remains, but it will delete your personal files, , I really understand your frustration.
A clean install will only be the solution. Probably, a clean install on the same HDD as the current Windows OS without having to re-activate and the current OS becoming Windows.old. I will have to re-install my MS Office applications etc.
Yes, but remember to synchronize your Microsoft account with system activation - before proceeding with a clean installation.
My current 20H2 OS is already activated with my MS Account. Under Activation it says Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to my MS Account. Only issue I have is, now and then there is pop-up saying there is an issue with the account which the sign-in pop-up black and blank. Should I use the 21H1 or the Win 11 iso to reinstall ?
Familiarize yourself with these steps , ISO for windows11 - it will be only after the release . But these steps show that you can leave your personal files and apps.
I would do that. just go to System Recovery
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/give-your-pc-a-fresh-start-0ef73740-b927-549b-b7c9-e6f2b...
Important: Resetting your PC (or using Fresh Start) will remove most of your apps, including Microsoft Office, third-party anti-virus software, and desktop apps that came pre-installed on your device. You will not be able to recover removed apps, and will need to manually reinstall these apps. You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or app-related content you paid for.

@A1 This morning I decided to take plunge and did a clean install Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 on a brand new 1TB hard drive. Everything went well including installing cumulative update KB5006670. There are things that I noticed regarding my C: drive and a second D: drive. 

I went into the Disk Management Console and noticed :

1. The C: drive don't have or show a System Reserve Partition

2.  Went into the drive's Properties and there isn't a Volume tab where I can check whether the drive has a MBR or GPT partition. Same for the D: drive.

Anyone using version 21H1 with the same info ? My motherboard has a UEFI bios.

Congratulations!
This means that you confirm that a clean installation has fixed everything.
Please create a system recovery disk on USB can always come in handy!
Best regards
Going to install Office 365 after which I will do a system image backup.

Don't do it now!

First, make a copy of the system image, and then install Office

I still have a couple of questions. I didn't install Windows 21H1 on a drive that previously had version 20H2 or older, Version 21H1 was installed on a brand new clean 1TB HDD. As I mentioned previously, I opened Disk Management Console and noticed :

1. I can't see any EFI or System Reserve Partition on my C: drive
2. In Properties, I there isn't a volume tab on either C: or D: drives
3. Because of (2) above I can't check whether especially the C: drive whether it has a MBR or GPT drive
I wonder whether this is a new feature in Windows 21H1 when installed on a clean HDD. Anyone had installed Windows 21H! or 11 on a clean HDD and noticed the same ?
I don't know if it's correct!
Out of curiosity I used diskpart to check for any MBR or GPT partitions that I can't see. The following are the results:

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
Volume 1 C NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy Boot
Volume 2 D New Volume NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy System

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Primary 931 GB 1024 KB
DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
Volume 1 C NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy Boot
Volume 2 D New Volume NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy System
It is telling me that the entire C: drive is boot.