Cumulative update KB5001391 fails to Install

Iron Contributor

Hello Guys ! A expected ONCE AGAIN Microsoft Cumulative update KB5001391 fails to install on #Windows 20H2 , as this has been the 3rd failed update like previously two KB5000842 and KB5001330. Am I the alone on this planet ? The error message I have received is 0x800f0922. I got a new Laptop HP 8th generation. What is happening inside Microsoft these days ? 

Shout out loud If you're having the pain like I have these days ? Please Please Please

62 Replies

Ever since KB5000842 printing has not worked correctly for us especially when printing PDFs, with KB5001330 breaking Microsoft's own 'Microsoft Print to PDF' and a ton of HP printer drivers resulting in 0x800f0922 error if you try to reinstall them. Only solutions we've found if you are already on Windows 20H2/2004 with all updates installed is to uninstall KB5001391, reboot, uninstall KB5001330 (not visible unless you remove KB5001391 first), reboot, remove 'Microsoft Print to PDF' from program and features/turn features on and off, then add it again (the print spooler is now working correct), install KB5001649 (to fix PDF's missing headings and logos caused by KB5000842), then hide update KB5001330 to prevent it from being installed by Windows Update again. Whilst this does not get KB5001330 and KB5001391 installed, it did at least get our printing services running again, so might help others.

Go to windows update catalog (https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows%2010) and download KB5001391. Install it manually.
This resolve the problem.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5001391
Hello!
A good idea for advanced users, if previous automatic updates failed - then I do not recommend downloading and installing manually!

Mark updates as necessary or additional in a comprehensible manner - Microsoft Tech Community
Such a designation I think it would be very helpful and at the same time necessary, or additional information given before downloading the Windows 10 Update to understand how important the update is and what the temporary suspension of the installation will mean! Please suggestions and feedback on t...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-10/mark-updates-as-necessary-or-additional-in-a-compr...

That didn't work
Hello
Please explain what did not work because I do not understand?
I am talking about manually instalation of KB5001391.
lodctr /R
winmgmt.exe /RESYNCPERF
didn't work too.
Now, i perform DISM restorehealth.
If that will not work, i think this problem is too complicate for me.
The next step will analyzing the log.file, but i am not good at it
But I wrote that this step does not recommend! Proposes to wait for the standard update!
KB5001391 requires a full installation environment if you have not previously downloaded the regular preview of updates for Windows then it may not be possible to install properly ! Good luck!
Yep, i missed NOT in NOT RECOMMENDED. My bad, sorry.
Well, DISM didn't help too
In parallel thread https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-10/cumulative-update-kb5001330-fails-to-install/m-p/2... problem is into BOOT
Perhaps, dualboot with Debian is cause this problem.
I think, i just clean reinstall Windows when 21H1 will release.
Thank you for your time and attention
Best regards
So 21H1 already close you have to wait quietly and do not waste valuable time!
Try to submit feedback in feedback hub, get people to upvote, and hopefully it will make Microsoft pay attention to this, if they don't know about it already.
But I have no trouble with the update! so what should I report?
I quoted Jauhar is what he thinks!
But you're right! All MTC members who have participated so actively in this and previous Discussion on Windows 10 Updates should describe their issues through the Feedback Center app for Windows and in the Update topic to convey all possible messages and even a link to those discussions! It will go directly to the development teams and so you can help everyone! It's still worth taking the time to
This actually worked for me even though I’d already done a clean install of windows!

@Jauhar So, I guess I'm not alone...Screenshot 2021-05-05 005029.png

This update gave me bsod boot loop error 0xc000021a. Spent hours fixing it… now i just leave it uninstalled.
My Windows 10 Version is 20H2 or biuld 19042. I have tried installing both KB5001330 and KB5001391 (error code 0x80073712) several times and both failed. Before trying to downl;oad and install I emptied the Windows SoftwareDistribution folder as many suggested by opening Command Prompt as administrator, enter the following commands and hitting Enter after each one:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Rename C:\WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Amongst other problems I have when running sfc /scannow to repair corrupt files I got “Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation” and DISM I got "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table despite after running chkdsk c: /r /f.

@GiacomoS Don`t resolve...the problem it`s in the pack itselft

The only way i found, is to install with NTlite...it works well

@divilinux 

Hello everyone.

Buying an additional license as you suggest- only to install the optional windows 10 preview update is not needed!

If your computer for some reason does not provide a full installation environment then attempts using system tools should be effective - if it does not work, Then I do not see the need to install external programs that provide independent configuration!