Cumulative update KB5001330 fails to install

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone ! I am getting an error for installing update KB5001330 Windows 10 version 20H2. I have no idea how to fix the issue. I have troubleshooted windows update but it wasn't helpful. I have made 4 back to back attempts to install KB5001330 but failed every time. I am looking for your kind help. The latest update has the same issue we had been facing with KB5000842 in the last two weeks

171 Replies
So I thought that the installation will fail!
That's why I don't encourage you to download ISO myself just because of the update!
For me the update lasted 1 minute because the computer had a full installation environment, windows update service asked if I installed 21H1 manually .> install and no problem !
Proposes to wait and do not rush!

@Deleted 

Hello 

Update Windows and 21H1 I installed in 3 minutes - this is the safest way to install!

good luck to everyone!

I didn't use the ISO route. I use the Windows May 2021 Update route and it still failed. Also it took almost 2 hours only for all changes to be rolled back.
Apparently, Microsoft has some concerns regarding 21H1. From their website: "We are throttling availability up over the coming weeks to ensure a reliable download experience for all, so the update may not be offered to you right away. Additionally, some devices might have a compatibility issue for which a safeguard hold is in place. In these cases, we will not offer the update until we are confident that you will have a good update experience."
It seems that they are currently rationing the general release. Since one description of 21H1 contains reference to Windows Defender, I am guessing that Defender updates are failing on my computer because I do not yet have 21H1. Given that I know virtually nothing about how Windows works, I will wait until they deem it proper to provide me with it.
I can ask in which language you use Windows because it also matters?
Yes I agree with you!
Good luck!
English. The standard is American English.
It should be no problem!
then you have installed an old program, because it is not a corporate computer where the group rules apply?

@gptshubham595 I am rumming Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2. I have the same issue with Windows 10 cumulative updates since March 2021. Installations either won't install or get stuck at 20% and Sfc/scannow and DISM don't work. Also, doing a in-place upgrade the installation will reverse all changes and back to square one.  Now I have given up trying to update my Windows 10 Version 20H2.

If I understand your Youtube correctly, using a Windows 11 ISO for the version of my Windows 10 will solve the problems I have been having ?

Thank you but not for the reason you think.