SOLVED

Computer with black screen and a cursor

Copper Contributor
Hello, today I tried to sign in on my computor. It just has a black screen with a cursor for me to see. I can't even sign in.
15 Replies

@LSong2275 

Did you installed any program before this problem started?

Take a look at Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors (microsoft.com) 

@Reza_Ameri-Archived No, I just ajusted a setting, and the next day, the error happened.

I tried it, but my computor doesn't make a short beep in Action 1.
best response confirmed by LSong2275 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LSong2275 

Try perform force shutdown, by pressing power button for 10 seconds and then when PC completely turns off, wait for 3 seconds and then power on your PC and see what happens?

Hi,
Which setting did you adjust?

Try to go to the Safe mode and see if you can boot normally and log into the OS.

Thanks! After I forced shut down it showed me the sign in screen! Finally! Now I am able to access my conputor again!
Thank you for your response, but as I was looking at the article, I saw there was an advanced settings in Troubleshoot. But I didn't see one. Any reason why?

@LSong2275 

Are you using latest version of Windows 10? 20H2

as a reminder you can't see it in normal Windows mode, you have to do this first

1. Press Windows logo key  + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start  button, then select Settings .
  2. Select Update & Security  > Recovery .
    Open Recovery Settings
  3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now
  4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options 

Glad problem have been solved, I guess it was temporary issue most likely due to graphic card driver or some of Windows dependencies. You may look into Event Viewer and Windows log files to investigate what caused this issue.

How do I check what version of Windows I'm on?
Go to Windows settings => System => About

@HotCakeX 

LSong2275_0-1606680353091.png

What I see.

Thank you,
you are using version 1909. the first part of that number [19] refers to year 2019 and the second part of that number [09] refers to the month [around September (2nd half)]

the newest version of Windows 10 is 20H2, which was released the second half of 2020.
you can update using Windows update or use the update tool from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

But when I check for updates, it shows that there is none to update.
Lydia

@LSong2275 

You can go to this website

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and press Update now. it will download something for you and you can use it to update to the latest version.

if it doesn't work for any reason, use the media creation tool to make an ISO file of latest Windows 10, then either perform an in-place upgrade or a clean install if you want.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LSong2275 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LSong2275 

Try perform force shutdown, by pressing power button for 10 seconds and then when PC completely turns off, wait for 3 seconds and then power on your PC and see what happens?

View solution in original post