Clipbloard crashes after copying from Snip & Sketch in W10 Virtual Desktop

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Within our organization we’re using Windows 10 1809 Enterprise on a Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 Environment. We’re allowing users to use Snip and Sketch (build-in store-app) but we’re facing some issues when users are pasting from the Windows clipboard.

The situation is as described below: After a new snip is taken users copy (no additional action required because the snip is automatically copied to the clipboard) the image to Microsoft Powerpoint (Office 365) or Paint. Nine out of ten paste actions (right click > paste or ctrl + V) fail to copy. An error is given: “something went wrong that might make PowerPoint unstable Please save your presentations and restart PowerPoint”  or “the information on the Clipboard can’t be inserted into Paint”. No information has been found in the Windows Event logs.

Within Citrix Studio I’ve applied new policy rules to prevent a session to share clipboard information with the host. Also I’ve applied a Windows 10 OS policy with the following rules disabled: “Allow Clipboard History” and Allow Clipboard synchronization across devices”.

As a workaround we tell our users to change the option “Auto Copy to clipboard” within Snip & Sketch. So far I can’t reproduce this error while this setting is turned-off.

Anyone out there who has similar issues or advice/solution how to resolve this issue?

1 Reply

I am having the same issue - in both excel and word - I am trying to find out how to scale it all back and just use the version before this to get back to being able to be productive again.  My excel is delayed by over 350% since Clipboard has made an intro into my tools...

@mhilboe852