Card reader driver for Satellite C40-A

Copper Contributor
Where should I start !?
I have changed my satellite c40-a notebook to Windows 10 for a long time and I don't often use the MicroSD adapter on my notebook but previously on Windows 7 and Windows 8, I often use MicroSD Adapter but because I lost my MicroSD Adater I never used it on my notebook. Currently I have upgraded my notebook to Windows 10 and just a few days I have bought a MicroSD Adapter and tried to use it on a notebook.

I did not find my notebook reading my MicroSD Adapter and after I checked on the device manager it turned out that the Driver was not installed!

Because I only know only for the Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions, I tried searching the internet for PCIE Card Reader for windows 10, nothing worked!
I have also added devices via device manager, but do you know what I got was the words "your PC has a problem :(" Think of it as the blue screen that Windows XP often gets, but in the Windows 10 version

Sorry if I like storytelling, the point is can you guys help me to get my Card Reader to work.

My notebook is using
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Version: 20H2
OS build: 19042.804
Experience: Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.551.0

I am confused about how to make my notebook Card Reader work again. And I made a discussion because my notebook is attempting repair! Is this an error in the installation of windows 10 or because of a bug in windows 10.

Thanks for reading and trying to help me!

It is true that there are programs that can help me find this Card Reader Driver but they have to make a purchase first to fix this problem
2 Replies
Hi,
so when you bought your laptop, the manufacturer only supported Windows 7 (officially) and then 8?
if you go to the manufacturer's website, support and download drivers section, you might find the driver. if there is no driver for Windows 10, then it means the manufacturer didn't plan to support Windows 10.
it's Not a bug in Windows 10.
I have a similar laptop too.

use Windows update to search for drivers. do you see an optional updates section in Windows update? some drivers appear there.

there are software that claim those sort of things but I personally would never trust them, they might be lying and just stealing money.

there are websites like this that can help you find your device drivers if laptop manufacturer do not plan to release them.
https://necacom.net/

also, if you have Windows 7 or 8 driver for your card reader, try going to device manager, right-click on the device that's missing driver and select "update driver", then browser computer for driver, and select the folder where your driver files reside.
Luckily for me, I tried to open the update and get the installation option for the driver and found the card reader driver listed! But I haven't tried it Because I'm restarting my notebook.

I'll let you know if this works or not, I hope it works.