Can't make changes to Screensaver

Copper Contributor

Hi folks,

I'm experiencing an issue of changing the wait time in Screensaver. Every time I made a change, it will be reverted back to 5mins. 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance! 

5 Replies
Since when this problem started?
Are you using Windows Insider build?

Since the last windows update.

here's the update:
I created two group policies:
1) Enable Screen saver timeout (3600 seconds); Enable Screen saver

2) two custom policies
a)./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/DeviceLock/MaxInactivityTimeDeviceLock (value:900) #Max idle time b)./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/LocalPoliciesSecurityOptions/InteractiveLogon_MachineInactivityLimit (value:3600) #idle time to timeout

The 2a always give me error with no detail, don't what went wrong...

If your screensaver isn't working as it should be, make sure it is enabled. Find the screensaver settings under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings. If you don't currently have a screensaver selected, choose the one you like and set the amount of time before it activates.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

Hi Rachel, @rachelgomez161999 

Thank you for your reply. I'm sure it's enabled, and every time when I try to increase the wait time, it keeps resetting it back to 5 minutes, very annoying....

Ah, the screensaver time-travel glitch! Been there. Try this: head to the power settings, adjust the wait time there, and see if it sticks. Sometimes, it's like screensavers and system settings are having a secret chat. You can find a more detailed guide here: pctipsnow.com. I hope it helps! Cheers to taming the screensaver time warp!