Can't get WiFi to work all of a sudden

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I have been using WiFi on my PC using a Archer T2UV3 WiFi Adapter which was working fine until a couple of days back.

It is showing No Internet, Secured.

1. I have tried reinstalling and Installing the drivers from DeviceManager as a first step after Troubleshooter didn't do anything, driver reinstallation didn't work.
  2. While accessing any option from WiFi settings in Network & Internet Settings the setting freeze and nothing happens.
  3. Same thing happens when I try to access properties of WiFi network from adapter settings.
  4. When I try to use ipconfig /flushdns it stucks at Windows IP Configuration
  5. ipconfig -all also stucks and prints nothing.
  6. I have even tried netsh commands and tried to reset but nothing happened.

I have no way to access internet apart from the adapter.

11 Replies
Hello,
is your Windows 10 updated? which build are you using?

@HotCakeX Yes even installed the latest update that was supposed to fix these issues.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1903

OS build 18362.720

The latest version is 1909 released last year
you can update your OS using Windows update or from this website:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

updating OS should be the first thing to do when a problem arises (and in general) because in each update there are many problems fixed and features introduced

@HotCakeX Did that too but the problem persists.

When you run netsh int ip reset on en elevated Powershell, nothing happens?

have you tried resetting your network in Windows settings?
Settings => Network & Internet => Network reset

Is your router unplugged or did power to it cut out? Your solution may be as simple as restarting your router or plugging it back in. Is your device trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network? Although your device typically connects right to your home Wi-Fi network, it may be trying to connect to a different network. You might have to manually make it connect to your home network and forget the other one. Did your Wi-Fi password change recently? You may need to reenter the new password in your device if it didn’t automatically save the changed passkey. Are other websites or internet browsers working? Sometimes, certain websites or servers go down. Check other sites or use another web browser to verify whether it’s your Wi-Fi or just a specific site. Can you connect if you move your device closer to your router? If you normally have a strong signal in rooms far away from your router but suddenly can’t connect, take your device closer to your router. If it can pick up a signal in a closer room, you may have a long-range signal issue, not a Wi-Fi connection problem.

@HotCakeX It runs but after Resetting Neighbour the fourth resetting failed. It even freezes on generating ipconfig.

@Lewis-H I have checked everything you have mentioned but nothing works.

@satian 

@satian wrote:

@HotCakeX It runs but after Resetting Neighbour the fourth resetting failed. It even freezes on generating ipconfig.

Umm neighbour ?

anyways, if none of the things mentioned in the topic works, you might wanna reset your Windows 10 form the settings. you can choose to keep your file or choose to remove everything, but resetting should fix it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

I don't know why you're having that problem, maybe something is not configured correctly, maybe a 3rd party software caused that problem to happen.

I did that too. Reinstalled windows with new version. Still can't get it to work. Tried ethernet but it's not working either.Also, if the adapter is connected, I can't search in the app search bar and task manager also crash frequently on top of the fact that wifi settings are inaccesible while connecting to WiFi and Ethernet settings are inaccessible when ethernet is connected.
by reinstalling Windows you mean clean installing? like making a bootable USB, formatting C drive and fresh installing again?