Bluetooth Headphone Driver Issue After Latest Update

Copper Contributor

Hi,
My AKG Y100 bluetooth was working perfectly for both music and voice on my laptop. After new update, it is connected and I can hear audio but I can't send my voice. It means microphone function is not working. Under Sound settings, I can see headphones are listed. On clicking Connect button, nothing happened. There is a red downward arrow besides the logo of the headphones.
I tried to update the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing helped. The same headphone works perfectly with my cellphone. It means there is no issue with the headphone itself. I tried headphone with another laptop, found the same issue. Permission is granted for for the microphone for PC as well as apps. Any help is greately appreciated.
Thanks!
9 Replies
Hi,
when you say after new update, which update are you talking about?
update for your headset firmware? update for Windows 10? if it's Windows update, which update was it exactly?
can you also please share which version of Windows 10 you are currently using?
You can get it from Windows settings => system => about

@NotMe55 

What update was that?

Take a look at the following articles:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If problem persist, open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

Oh yes the Get Help app on Windows 10, it's got a virtual agent that applies troubleshooting methods from Microsoft support

@NotMe55 

Same problem

Windows 10 with AKG Y500 headset, originally worked fine and within the Bluetooth settings identified as "connected music, voice".

Installed the 20H2 update and now the headset is installed as headphones and only "connected music" no microphone available.

Deleted bluetooth device as well as headset several times with the same result. Same problem on another windows 10 laptop. No problems with Android.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎12/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

@RPawsey 

same problem to me too 

I hope if you have any Solution to share it with us 

Best 

AKG (Samsung) have washed their hands of the problem, only interested if I purchased my headset directly from them.

The only advice available is: check for the latest Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer and not the Microsoft ones. In my case this is Intel and I have applied the latest drivers from their website.

The other option they gave was roll-back the updates, which would require the removal of Win10 20H2 which is sub-optimal to say the least.

As usual with peripherals everyone is blaming everyone else.

@RPawsey 

thank you very match 

can you give me the link to try to find the latest driver i use intel too 

Best Regards 

@MohamadKashalo 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

This should autodetect the device in your PC and suggest the latest driver.

I should stress that this made no difference for me.

@MohamadKashalo 

@MohamadKashalo wrote:

can you give me the link to try to find the latest driver i use intel too 

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html