SOLVED

1703->1709 BSOD 0xc00000bb on devices with NVMe SSD's

Brass Contributor

1703->1709 BSOD 0xc00000bb on devices with NVMe SSD's

This will be the very first question I will ask in the AMA.  I hope you have a better answer than "we are working on it" ready for the thousands of us with this issue and waiting for a fix since September.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/08485ba0-f69f-483b-861e-238f161dabee/problem-with-...

222 Replies
I 100% agree with you, I will be waiting as welll

I can't believe that there is still no solution to this problem beside a BIOS update (which is mostly impossible to have unless you are a asus user). How ridiculous.

So... I did the update.

I had to clone the system disk (960 Pro) to another bootable ssd (850 Pro).

Now, the PC is doing the rest of the updates, then I'll try to re-clone all to the 960 Pro.

Doing this operation, I noticed that the X99A Bios has some problems: it can't manage correctly the boot disk. After the cloning operation, I obviously went into the bios to set the 850 as boot disk. I did the "save and reboot option" and the pc started again with 0xc00000bb error. After some bios reset, I was able to start from the 850, and now I have the FCU running (by now, not from the NVMe). Ad maiora...

Hello Michael,

Is there any update on this?

I have Windows 10 Creators Update (1703) factory installed, but have been unable to update to 1709 since 3rd November (Windows update must have tried 60+ times to update unsuccessfully). I would not wish to go through this with every six-monthly update.

Intel Core i7-7820X, Gigabyte GA-X299-UD4 Motherboard, 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD. SSD drivers updated and BIOS updated to most current versions.

Thanks, Paul

Hi all,

I'm a newbee in this forum and want to say hello to everybody!!

I have the same probelm with the Fall-Update, my system is:

MSI X99A SLI PLUS

Samsung 950 M2 SSD

Win 10

Versionsinfo: 1703 (15063.909)

The Fall-Update fail always with BSOD ...

It's very poor that MS isn't able to inform their customers. 4 Month that troubble?!

Temporary solution: Disable automatic updates, and put in the updates manualy, month for month ...

Is anybody form MS-Company able to give us an info about the progress of the debugging ;)

All the best for You all,

Udo

I have the same problem!

MSI Godlike Carbon X99A motherboard and Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD boot drive.

I have all drivers up to date, and have tried everything (except changing/cloning my boot drive, which is beyond my skills).

Microsoft need to fix this.

I have MSI Godlike Carbon X99A motherboard and Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD boot drive, and have had this problem ever since it started.  Very annoying, and the PC keep trying to update many times daily, and failing!

This is ridiculous.

"There is a block in place that keeps Windows Update from offering Windows 1709 to affected systems."

Your block is NOT working for me.  Win10 keeps trying to update.

The same problem since october 2017.

MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

Samsung 960 Pro M2 SSD VNMe 2TB

Win 10

Versionsinfo: 1703 (15063.909)

See also german Forum..

Microsoft!! HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

R.Freier, Germany

I gave up, and make a format c and install from scratch, people dont waste your time, like i did and try to avoid the new Win setup with "workarounds" they all dont help!!! Start New, all you can do. I was going through all this, so thats the poor conclusion...

Best regards

Martin

Short update for other owners of MSI X99S Gaming 7 and MSI X99A Gaming 7 boards: MSI answered to my issue I addressed to their support. They sent me a link to a new BIOS version that should solve the problem. For me it did not work, I still get the blue screen, but maybe someone else wants to give it a try.

New BIOS version H.G3: http://msi-ftp.de:8080/main.html?download&weblink=3b6bfdeeaf140535fc1ffaac86f4916e

At least they are working on it!

Ok, good to know, that i didnt waste even more time with that H.G3 Bios, they send me that too.

Martin,

Format c: is unfortunately not a viable option for me.  It would mean a few weeks of work rebuilding my PC setup and software.

Good that they are working on it.

I do prefer that Microsoft fix it at their end though.  Flashing BIOS would mean I would lose all the OC settings that my PC supplier did :(  So it would be a last resort solution for me.

You can just save the OC profile then flash bios if you have to not that it would fix anything.

Flashing the bios will still keep your saved oc profile so you don't have to worry.

hello,

today i get a beta BIOS (E7885IMS.P63)  from MSI for my X99A Raider.

But it didn´t fix the problem.

Same like before (BSOD).

Someone get the update without cloning to a other ssd??

I´m still in hope.

greetz

Thank you.  I hadn't realised this, and it is good to know.

I still hope that Microsoft will fix it however.

Hi,

do you have a weblink to try it out?

Thanks

Yes, but that is for the MSI X99S Gaming 7 and MSI X99A Gaming 7, I have the X99A Raider like silber.