10v1709 and Sysprep COPYPROFILE=TRUE

Copper Contributor

Beginning at least with v1709 including COPYPROFILE=TRUE in an unattend.xml when a new user logs on, EDGE auto-launches and freezes up (among other things that break).  The grapevine fix that I've included in my deployment is to:

rd /s /q C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
rd /s /q C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
del /f /q /a:sh C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCacheLock.dat

rd /s /q C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
rd /s /q C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
del /f /q /a:sh C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCacheLock.dat

Is there an official MS solution to this fault?

3 Replies

.. I just Can agree that this CopyProfile don't work very well at all. Lot's of settings like taskbar still will not be copyed at all. It's a shame for Microsoft that there is no easy and simple way to create a template profile, a Task that thousends of sysadmins around the globe Need!

Daniel

i asked the same issue about copyprofile=true about the tiles. My reply was maybe a fix in January.

.. i have seen that but my relpay is general statement about creating a default user profile, b'c beside this very very very painfull way via SysPrep with this copyprofile switch exist now supported way from Microsoft to create a Template Profile, something that thousends of sysadmin urgently Needs!