Windows update error code 0x8024401f

Deleted
Not applicable

At my company there are multiple computers if not all of them that report error code 0x8024401f when trying to update windows and I can't find a solution anywhere. For example I did a clean install of windows 10 pro on a brand new Dell latitude 7080 laptop and I was able to update windows through windows update until it said that my computer was up to date.  Then I installed Office 365, teamviewer and Trend Micro.  Couple of days later I tried to check for update in windows update which resulted in this error. Any ideas?

Regards

Hilmir G

2 Replies
If you uninstall Trend Micro, does it work?

According to Ready for Windows (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ready-for-windows/#/) it should be supported on 1709 now - but it may not support in-place upgrades.

Or does this apply to all Windows Updates? If so, could it be that your Trend Micro product includes a firewall that may block something?

Are you using any software to manage your updates (WSUS, ConfigMgr etc)?

You could look at this old thread and see if the Fixit-article suggested works?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-update/windows-update-error-0x8024401f-...

Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Next, type “ms-settings:troubleshoot” and press Enter to open up the Troubleshooting tab of the Settings app.
Once you’re inside the Troubleshooting tab, move your mouse cursor to the right-hand section of the screen and navigate to the Get up and running section. When you get there, click on Windows Update, then click on Run the troubleshooter
Once the utility is started, wait patiently until the initial scan is complete. This process will determine whether any of the repair strategies included with the utility apply to the problem that you’re dealing with
If a suitable fix is identified, you will be presented with a window in which you can click on Apply this Fix to enforce the repair strategy. Depending on the type of fix, you might need to follow some additional steps to enforce the repair strategy.
Once the fix is enforced, restart your computer once again and see if the issue is resolved at the next system startup.