Welcome to the Windows 10 security AMA!

Community Manager

We will spend this hour discussing Windows 10 security technologies, best practices, tips, and tricks with the Windows product and engineering teams.

To submit a question, click "Start a new conversation" in the Windows 10 security space--and do this for each new question. This will enable us to easily identify and answer your questions.

If you are looking for help with a specific issue, please visit the Windows IT Pro forums on TechNet.

After the event, we will make a summary of the AMA and post it to the group. To get started, please introduce yourself as a reply below!

17 Replies
Welcome folks! I'm Dune from the ConfigMgr PM team

Eric here from the community team. Looking forward to all your security questions!

This is Chas from the Windows Device Security team

Hi all, Iaan D'Souza-Wiltshire here - Content PM for Windows Defender Antivirus (https://aka.ms/wdavdocs). Looking forward to helping answer your questions and taking on feedback for how we can improve our documentation for this and other security products!

Hey Windows 10 fans! Mike here from the community team ready for an exciting hour. 

Hi, my name is Chris Hallum. I’m the product manager for Windows 10 security. I focus on Identity Protection, Information Protection, and pre-breach Threat Protection.

Welcome, This is Michiko Short, PM for Credential Guard
HI. Nathan from the Windows IT Pro team, can't wait to see all your security questions!

Hi all!

I'm Amitai, a product manager on the Windows Defender team. I'm excited to answer your questions here. Follow me on Twitter later for other Windows Security information @AmitaiTechie). 

Here's to protecting the world from malware!

Amitai

This is Scott from the OS Security team, working on Device Guard, Secure Boot, Windows 10 S etc.

Hey @Dune Desormeaux! Salut mon ami.

Hi! I'm Mike Stephens, Senior Program Manager in Windows client OS Security focusing on Windows Hello for Business, PKI, and Cryptography. Welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community.

Thanks for hosting this folks, it's very welcome given recent events!
Oh and my twitter is @IaanDW if you have any other questions that I might be able to help out with :)
Me too @DuneConfigured, shout outs to my twitter.

Thanks @Heather Poulsen for setting this up. And thanks to the smart folks at MS for taking the time out of your busy days to answer some of my questions. @Dune Desormeaux @Iaan

These AMA sessions are appreciated and beneficial. Please keep them coming!

I wish this went on for a few hours!