Blazor Server App with Dynamic CultureInfo Saved in Cookie don't work in iFrame anymore

Copper Contributor

Hi, I can't share my own app for nda issue but I found this one which shows exactly the same issue

https://github.com/SyncfusionExamples/blazor-localization/tree/master/.NET6%20Blazor%20Server%20App/...

This app displays a page with a CultureSwitcher component to select between 5 languages.

When you select a language, I can see both the page+dropdown refreshed with the selected language value.

Now, you embed the Url of this app inside a new app's page inside an iFrame and nothing works anymore.

The cookie mecanism doesn't save or/and load the value anymore.

This was working perflecly in net+core+3.1 and 5.0 but no more in net+core+6.

Is something change in security or cors or ????

Thanks in advance for any tips

-Vince

2 Replies

Hi @vrithner_codit,

Thanks for posting your issue here.

However this platform is used for how-to discussions and sharing best practices for building any app with .NET.Since your issue is a technical question, welcome to post it in Microsoft Q&A forum, the support team and communities on Microsoft Q&A will help you for any technical questions.
Besides, it will be appreciated if you can share it here once you post this technical question Microsoft Q&A.
Best Regards,
Lan Huang

Hi,
it's all linked to enhancement of the browsers security stuff (specially Chrome and Edge); apparently, the old implement sill works in FF.
After getting help, the best practice to embed Url endpoints into iFrames is to follow this post from you guys : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/samesite/system-web-samesite

In fact, I just had to add the last line to make it work:
HttpContext.Response.Cookies.Append(
CookieRequestCultureProvider.DefaultCookieName,
CookieRequestCultureProvider.MakeCookieValue(
new RequestCulture(culture)),
new CookieOptions() { SameSite = SameSiteMode.None, Secure = true} );

Hopes it will help people with same issue.
Txs
Best Regards
-vince