SOLVED

SharePoint Content : Which Metadata can be used?

New Contributor

Hello,

On the SharePoint (dedicated content for your organisation), which column "name" can you add ?? We already know that we can add a "description" column but is it possible to get a list of all column "names" used for others metadata? 

For exemple:

- Duration,

- Date

- Image for the thumbnail

- Categories

I guess, when you open a new module on Viva Learning, you have the author, the date, the duration, a description, a thumbnail,.. Where you can setup this datas?

Thanks!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Charles_Delautre (New Contributor)
Solution

Title! Outside of that, very limited, can't change the thumbnail right now, don't believe categories work - "modified date, created by, document name, content type, and organization name."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/learning/configure-sharepoint-content-source?view=o36...

@GregTPAC 

Thanks Greg!

My bad, I didn't see actually those lines during my first reading:

Default metadata (such as modified date, created by, document name, content type, and organization name) is automatically pulled into Viva Learning by the Microsoft Graph API.

I hope there will be a lot more possibilities when it comes to metadata.

No problem! I know that the Viva Learning team hear similar things while at Ignite, mainly the thumbnail image, so I suspect we will see more, hopefully within 2022.