SOLVED

Uploads not working

Copper Contributor

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 09.49.29.pngHi there, I'm trialling Viva Engage for use running group education. I'd create a community for each of our groups. But when trying to upload a simple Word doc to a post, it says "Sorry, something went wrong when trying to upload Filename.docx. Please try again." I've tried using various methods (admin account, dummy participant account) and different files (in case the file was corrupt) and they still won't upload. Is this a bug or is there some other reason? Thanks

5 Replies
If you open Webbrowser console and check the error there. what error do you get ?
It also from a quick look, looks like you have not yet selected a destination. Are you posting to a community or to your storyline? Maybe try selecting the destination and then try uploading again. Keep us posted. If it doesn't work, you may need to submit a support ticket!

@AllisonMichels I did everything, also logged out, and then logged in again. But I still get the error message: Sorry, something went wrong when trying to upload filename.jpg. And get the same message if I try attaching a pdf, png, etc. Many others in my organization complained about the same problem. Can you pleError-Viva Engage-1.jpgase help as soon as possible?

best response confirmed by AllisonMichels (Microsoft)
Solution
I would recommend you to create a support ticket at Microsoft Support
Here's how you create a support ticket.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-support?view=o365-worldwide

Sorry about this experience, I don't know what's going on!