SOLVED

All Company Community Members Management

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

Happy Friday!

I have a question that I hope someone in this group can resolve/explain.

Q: How do users become members of the All Company Community?

The reason for my question is that I can see that new starters are joining the Community without joining Viva Engage. I had two new starters this week who joined the company and on 'day one' they could be found in the All Company Community (ACC). Yet they have never access Viva Engage. I have checked and we don't have the Group behind the ACC as Dynamic, it is set to Assigned. The two new starters are not members of the group either, yet I can see them in the members of the ACC.

Also, I see members who have had their accounts disabled but their accounts haven't been deleted. We have circa 6700 active users but circa 10000 members in the ACC count.

Any thoughts are welcome, I have setup a new user in my sandbox tenant but they haven't been listed in the ACC yet.

Thanks, 

Damian

4 Replies
Pretty sure it is pulling in any user with a Viva Engage license, regardless of whether they've actually logged in or not. "All Company" membership is everyone who can use Viva Engage.
We have a similar issue with our All Company membership. It's showing as 56k+ but we definitely have 42k or less. No idea how to remove people who have left so it's skewing our reporting.
Oh I am so glad I am not the only one here seeing this. I have an idea why but its taking me time to figure it out. New people seem to be added... when they go to VE for the first time but old people seem to 'stick around'. :(
best response confirmed by Dlewis-79 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Dlewis-79 

Ok I have an answer people. It’s an odd one but it works. Basically, you need to apply this licence block but there is a catch!

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/viva/engage/manage-engage-licenses-microsoft-365#block-users-who-d...

Some points to consider:

1. This change needs to be completed by a GA (Global Admin). Therefore, you might need to get your IT super admins involved. 
  2. If you have Admin accounts that you use to access Viva Engage (including the GA) and they don't have a Viva Engage Core Licence SKU. Then the next time they go to access Viva Engage then they will be blocked. Therefore, you will need some way to licence the Admin Accounts that need to access VE Admin with the minimum of a Viva Engage Core Licence SKU

Before the change I had around 10600 users in my All Company Community but after this it dropped to around 6800 user (around then number I expected to see). Hope this helps everyone. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dlewis-79 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Dlewis-79 

Ok I have an answer people. It’s an odd one but it works. Basically, you need to apply this licence block but there is a catch!

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/viva/engage/manage-engage-licenses-microsoft-365#block-users-who-d...

Some points to consider:

1. This change needs to be completed by a GA (Global Admin). Therefore, you might need to get your IT super admins involved. 
  2. If you have Admin accounts that you use to access Viva Engage (including the GA) and they don't have a Viva Engage Core Licence SKU. Then the next time they go to access Viva Engage then they will be blocked. Therefore, you will need some way to licence the Admin Accounts that need to access VE Admin with the minimum of a Viva Engage Core Licence SKU

Before the change I had around 10600 users in my All Company Community but after this it dropped to around 6800 user (around then number I expected to see). Hope this helps everyone. 

View solution in original post