Webinar not allowing register everyone?

Copper Contributor

I am not able to choose 'register everyone' for a webinar. Why this is not standard when all the videos were showing that I dont know. Can someone explain how to allow this in a way a layperson can understand? All I see is Powershell and lines of code but no description on what to do with them or how to use Powershell to do that.

I have copied the lines of code included in the 'setup for webinars in microsoft teams' page but when i copied the top line and pasted it into powershell I got this.

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy : The 'Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy' command was found in the module 'MicrosoftTeams', but the
module could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module MicrosoftTeams'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration True
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotAutoloadMatchingModule 

Again, this is not something you should be telling laypeople to do.

Is there anyone who can help please? Any videos?

I am the only user on Teams so I do have access to the Teams Admin Centre.

8 Replies
Hi,

The command would be:
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration $true

Make sure you are running with an updated Teams PowerShell module, run to update:
Update-Module MicrosoftTeams
Thanks for the reply.

Again as a layperson essentially I would go into Powershell (Im assuming open as administrator) and then where I can type I would simply copy and paste what string or code is provided yes?
It seems I was able to update the Teams module but when I tried the second string it gave me this
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy : The 'Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy' command was found in the module 'MicrosoftTeams', but the
module could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module MicrosoftTeams'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration $true
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotAutoloadMatchingModule

Any thoughts?
If you check the version of MicrosoftTeams powershell module do you have version 2.3.1?
Get-InstalledModule MicrosoftTeams

Also try to uninstall
Uninstall-Module MicrosoftTeams

Then install
Install-Module MicrosoftTeams
Thanks for replying appreciate it. I checked and yes the version is 2.3.1. I did the uninstall and install and then tried to do the
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration $true

but I got the same message as above.

@adikat2500 

I have the exact same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

1. Powershell -> Microsoft Store ->7.1.3.0
2. Open as Administrator
3. In Powershell

Connect-MicrosoftTeams

4 then

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -WhoCanRegister "Everyone"