NDI audio sync issue

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I recently ran a live event using the NDI function of Teams to pull out the speakers and manipulate them in OBS (layouts etc) and then put into a public Teams Live event.

The issue I encountered was with the NDI feed and audio / video sync.

Each NDI feed brings in the entire audio feed from the meeting but what I have found is that the audio is only in sync with the video of that feed.

To try to explain this clearly, let's say I am pulling two presenters out of the Teams meeting.

• NDI feed 1 has presenter 1 video and the audio mix
  • NDI feed 2 has presenter 2 video and the audio mix

If I have both NDI feeds side by side, and only have the audio of feed 1, presenter 1 is in sync with the audio but presenter 2 is out of sync with audio.

If I have both NDI feeds side by side, and only have the audio of feed 2, presenter 1 is out of sync with the audio but presenter 2 is in sync with audio.

I obviously can't have both NDI feeds unmuted as the audio doesn't match at all.

I can work around this by taking the audio directly out of the meeting (where everything is in sync) and bringing into OBS directly and bypassing NDI. But that just seems silly.

Any thoughts? I'm assuming other people see this same issue.

Thanks

Damien

1 Reply

Same issue for me, audio sync varies, making an offset unusable as our usual solution. @Damien Calvert