SOLVED

Live Event

Copper Contributor

At Ignite 2020 I thought it was stated the 365 subscribers would all have access the Teams live events. Is this true? If so, when will this be implemented? 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Andrew3011 Hi Andrew- you should have access to Teams live events if you have the following setup:

To be able to create a live event, a person needs to have the following things. Your IT admin can provide more information.

• A Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, or E5 license or a Office 365 A3 or A5 license.

• Permission to create live events in Microsoft Teams admin center.

• Permission to create live events in Microsoft Stream (for events produced using an external broadcasting app or device).

• Full team membership in the org (can’t be a guest or from another org).

• Private meeting scheduling, screensharing, and IP video sharing, turned on in Team meeting policy.

@Ethan Stern I also have this query, I have an Office 365 Personal (A5 Level) and Microsoft for Business, and I don't have the live event option on my teams app. Is it possible to host webinars with external guests using the Meeting function alone?

@Flano8 Hi there - this is could be possible to do in Teams meetings regular meetings if you set it up in breakout rooms.  Coming soon - https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsoft-teams-breakout-rooms-feature-rolling-out-in-preview

But this is a good alternate version to do until it rolls out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iD5PLgr08

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Andrew3011 Hi Andrew- you should have access to Teams live events if you have the following setup:

To be able to create a live event, a person needs to have the following things. Your IT admin can provide more information.

• A Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, or E5 license or a Office 365 A3 or A5 license.

• Permission to create live events in Microsoft Teams admin center.

• Permission to create live events in Microsoft Stream (for events produced using an external broadcasting app or device).

• Full team membership in the org (can’t be a guest or from another org).

• Private meeting scheduling, screensharing, and IP video sharing, turned on in Team meeting policy.

View solution in original post