SOLVED

Live Event presenter in a different tenant

Brass Contributor

Hi we have come across an issues with presenters. I will try and explain our situation...

We have our organisation tenant lets call it TEN01.

We want someone from TEN02 to be a presenter, so have added their email as a guest to TEN01. They already have a Teams license in TEN02 but we have assigned one to the guest account in TEN01 anyway.

A user at TEN01 creates a live event and adds the user from TEN02 as a presenter.

User at TEN01 starts the event.

User at TEN02 joins the event on the TEN02 InTune enrolled device via the Teams app and only sees the attendee feed.

If the user from TEN02 joins the event from a non enrolled device via the Teams app they have the presenter view.

Is there some issue with which the device is enrolled which somehow prevents this? I know this is a wide question as their could be config policies which could affect this. I will disable the config policies on TEN02 to see if anything changes... but has anyone any ideas?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@neilcarden User from TEN02 should switch tenant to TEN01 first and then join since it is the guest account that is invited to TEN01 Live Event.

If TEN02 user was not invited to TEN01 tenant as guest, that users could been invited with their TEN02 account and join with the TEN02 account as presenter.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@neilcarden User from TEN02 should switch tenant to TEN01 first and then join since it is the guest account that is invited to TEN01 Live Event.

If TEN02 user was not invited to TEN01 tenant as guest, that users could been invited with their TEN02 account and join with the TEN02 account as presenter.

View solution in original post