Live Event Guest user add new background

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

A user has been added as a guest to our tenant, so that they can present in our Teams Live Event. All of this has been set up correctly, the user can enter as a presenter and everything is as expected.

However, the user needs to add their own background to their video feed, to keep everyone's backgrounds consistent. We have instructions on how to do this, by clicking the "Add new" button at the top of the background settings menu. They can access the background settings menu, however there is no "add new" button. This works on my own account and is available for us. I tested it with another guest account and again there is no "add new" button. I assume this is something to do with being a guest user.

Is there a way to resolve this for Live Events, as the user needs this option. 

Thanks 

3 Replies

Hello @emacleo2   As you can see from this past community discussion, it could be any number of things.  There are many solutions offered here; if none of them work you might want to reach out to our answers.microsoft.com tech support site for personalized service.

Select my Background option not visible in my MS Teams - Microsoft Tech Community

You can also use the "old fashioned" way:
Check on your hard drive for the following folder path:

Windows: Users > [username] > AppData > Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads
Mac: Users > [username] > Library > Application > Support > Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads

@nlundqvist and others==

I use Microsoft Teams mainly as a Guest invited by others.  When I join a meeting, I would like to display a custom background behind me. 

I see how to enable a blurred background, but not a method to upload a custom background to use for each Guest invite. 

Is this possible to do and how (preferably to store a custom background which I can just click to enable for each Guest invite).

Note:  this question is for the Teams Windows App which I have installed on my Windows 10 machine, not for using Teams in a Browser.  Whenever I get an invitation, I click to open the invitation in the App, which works better than a Browser.

BTW, I saw your suggestion how to install a custom background, but I don't see a Backgrounds subfolder under this Path on my computer:  Windows: Users > [username] > AppData > Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads 

If this is the place to upload the custom background, how do I enable a Backgrounds folder to upload the custom file?  And once it's uploaded, how do I enable the custom background when opening the Invite in the Teams App?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.