What's New for Microsoft Teams Meeting Recordings​
Published Sep 21 2020 07:51 PM 27.4K Views
Microsoft

Learn how to make the most of Teams meeting recordings with exciting announcements regarding highly-requested features and capabilities.

4 Comments
Iron Contributor

@MelissaBathum But you need to use YouTube to share your product.... 

Microsoft

@MelissaBathum I have a customer looking at Stream, they used to have access to all recording in Stream, if I start a recording and it is in my OneDrive or a SharePoint Team site, do I now have to upload it to a Stream Channel for users to see or is that also going away with the new Stream.

Copper Contributor

@MelissaBathum 
This has to be one of the worst decisions that Microsoft has ever made. You are abandoning all of the greatest features of Stream (ie. channels, transcriptions, easy share-ability of Teams meetings, etc) all so you can go back to the 90's and reorganize videos as files/documents. Nobody thinks of videos this way. Everyone is used to the YouTube model where video is just considered to be consumable content that is available to multiple audiences and is organized by channel. Stream (on Sharepoint) is essentially no better than the local Windows Video Player on your PC. What a terrible step backward in capability and user experience. Fail.

Copper Contributor

@MelissaBathum can we move a meeting recording to a teams channel and make it visible there? One of the best features of stream was being able to take a meeting recording and tag it into a channel. Additionally the app in TEAMS was great to be able to visually search through meetings associated with a channel.