New Microsoft 365 Lighthouse for SMB Managed Services Providers (MSPs)
Published Sep 19 2020 06:22 AM 113K Views
Subject Matter Experts:
Microsoft

Introducing a new portal that will enable multi-tenant management of Microsoft 365 services by IT Partners – especially Managed Service Providers (MSPs) who serve small & medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Rather than logging in and out of individual tenants, partners can now view and manage settings and insights across customers from a single place. In this session we will be sharing our vision for the new portal, walk through some early experiences, and share the direction we are heading. Speakers: Anna Kinney, Principal PM Manager at Microsoft & Chris Boyd, Principal PM Manager at Microsoft.

7 Comments
Copper Contributor

@Vivek Kumar @Chris Boyd,

ANP is a growing Microsoft MSP.

We have 2000 devices under management

We are using traditional Remote Management Monitoring MSP management tools and are interested as we shift our business over to SMB M365 managed services for Teams, Teams Calling and the M365 E3 or E5 security stack to be part of the private preview for M365 Lighthouse.

My engineers would be able to implement and give you insightful software feedback

Please reach out to me if you are interested in bringing ANP in to your private preview.

Kind regards.

Dave Mulvey

@DMulvey 

Copper Contributor

@Vivek Kumar 

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for your response earlier on the lighthouse post and i have a question regarding this. we applied last year and today the lighthouse.microsoft.com page changed to a message stating:

"Look for your offer message from Microsoft

We sent you an offer in email and you need to refer to the message and follow the instructions to acquire the offer."

I have checked my inbox but could not find anything regarding an email on lighthouse. Do you have any lead on how to acquire the offer?

Copper Contributor

@Vivek Kumar 
Hi 
Is there any news on the release of M365 Lighthouse? I signed up for the preview 8 months ago, and still no word.

Hope you can share some info :)

Microsoft

Thank you for the continued interest in Microsoft 365 Lighthouse. With overwhelming number of signups, we've been slowly inviting more and more partners into the preview to try the solution and give us feedback. If you responded to the signup survey, you're in line and someone from our team will reach out to you. We'll continue to be in this mode of iterative development for some more months to get increasing partner participation and feedback towards getting this new service primed for broad availability. 

Copper Contributor

@Vivek Kumar Thanks for the update Vivek.

By the time many of us heard about this the signup form was closed. What does that mean for us, are we completely out of luck until GA?

Copper Contributor

@Vivek Kumar We are also seeing a message "Look for your offer message from Microsoft" when we go to lighthouse.microsoft.com, however we have not received any offer messages.  Would it be possible for the team to update this landing page to more accurately reflect the current status?

Example statuses could be:

• Look for your offer message from Microsoft (Click Here to Resend) or
  • You are on the list to receive an invite to the Lighthouse Beta,  You should receive an invite via email in the next {number} to {number} weeks. (ie 3 - 7 weeks)
Copper Contributor
Good point :thumbs_up: I too wasted time looking for an email that wasn't there.

However, we and others haven't even been able to sign up for the wait list and see the same message, so you'd need a status that reflected that. No idea what it should say though!