Multi-tenant management in the Microsoft 365 admin center
Published Sep 21 2020 07:43 PM 239K Views
Microsoft

Multi-Tenant Management in Microsoft 365: It doesn’t have to be painful! This session covers the investments we have made in the multi-tenant admin space.

6 Comments
Iron Contributor
I am very enthusiastic about this service. Nice demo, great work! Thanks
Copper Contributor

@MelissaBathum This is a great first step but there is still work to do.  As a partner who manages about a hundred tenants, I still need to use multiple browsers, and all the incogneto/InPrivate tabs to manage the tenants to do most of the day to day administrative tasks. Everything from managing MFA to Converting a mailbox to a shared mailbox still has to be done from inside the tenant as trying to do it through our partner accounts still generates unintelligable powershell errors.  I've got to say I'm glad this is starting to be addressed, and is a great step in the right direction.

Copper Contributor

@MelissaBathum 

when will the all tenants be available?  we only have the tenant switcher working currently.

Copper Contributor

@Randy Sieren 

Does anyone know the criteria to give additional, internal admins, Multi-Tenant Management access? Like, what permissions or licensing is needed? I have a non-licensed global admin who does not have this feature.

Thanks!

Microsoft

@ScottO 
Not sure if your question has been answered, but this is what I was able to find from the Release doc:

Today, we are announcing a new feature in the Microsoft 365 admin center called the organization switcher, the first of many changes coming for admins who manage multiple organizations. The organization switcher allows you to seamlessly switch between organizations that you manage. Today’s release supports admins that are the partner of record (Associated Partner) for a Microsoft cloud org.

We’re also in the process of adding support for admins that are invited to manage an org through Azure B2B. Support for other scenarios are also coming soon, including support for enterprise scenarios, test environments (e.g., pre-production and production orgs), and mergers and acquisitions scenarios.
from this release
New organization switcher in the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft Tech Community

POR info here 
Add a Partner of Record (POR) - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

The Azure Portal and the Office Admin Center, share alot of the same roles. Invited Users are able to manage the Azure Portal, and until this was rolled out, were not able to access the Office Admin Center. 

further questions might be answered by your CSP/LSP/PArtner  or possibly the O365 Service Engineers

Copper Contributor

@brucgund 

I saw your information so I logged in and now the multi-tenant doesn't work at all.  (I am a global admin and I still have the proper tenant access to our clients)  -  I will see what I can find out and/or open 365 tickets.  Hoping Microsoft goes back the office soon and sorts some of this stuff out.