How Microsoft Defender for Endpoint protects your non-Windows endpoints
Published Sep 22 2020 06:39 AM 5,048 Views
Microsoft

We have been on an incredible journey expanding our endpoint security solution across platforms! It’s been a fun ride with great customer feedback, and we have so much more in store to share. Join this session to get a deep dive into new and existing features and capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. We’ll cover the latest in Mac and Linux, and you’ll get the scoop on our mobile threat defense capabilities for Android and iOS. We’ll be showing demos and sharing a little bit of what’s to come.

5 Comments
Copper Contributor
Can u please help me get a commitment from MS I’ve got 15k endpoints to rollout to and offset Symantec but there workload is just too much and I don’t have anyone in MS whose showing any commitment
Copper Contributor

@Kasia Kaplinska 

below is the main problem for mobile devices. lack of appropriate app configuration policies.

I just pasted it from my previous comment

"what about deploy installation packages that don't require end-user interaction? there is no relevant and complete app configuration policy for IOS. For Android much better but still missing is the auto grant run the app in the background. Till We will not have a smooth and invisible process of app installation, till when MS Defender for mobiles will be in most cases useless"

Microsoft

@JoelJuma Hello, Thanks for your post. You can get more information on deploying Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for mobile here: Microsoft Defender ATP for Android | Microsoft Docs. | Microsoft Defender ATP for iOS overview | Microsoft Docs

Please do reach out to mdatpmobile@microsoft.com for further questions on deployment of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.

Microsoft

@krzysztofbr We are constantly trying to simplify the onboarding process but there are few platform limitations that restrict us from being completely zero-touch. For more information on onboarding, you can visit our documentation here: Deploy Microsoft Defender ATP for Android with Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs.

For iOS also, we are working on simplified onboarding which is currently in preview. Please do reach out to mdatpmobile@microsoft.com in case you want to know more about simplified onboarding experience for iOS.

Copper Contributor

@sunayanasingh thanks! I appreciate:)

I will write e-mail to mdatpmobile.
Android package and way of deployment are close to sufficient maturity level. The IOS package and way are far away surprisingly. Defender this is a product for Enterprise, without full smooth onboarding this is not enterprise-ready. W cant imagine ask thousands of end users about manual onboarding. simply impossible.