Automate your Planner tasks workflow
Published Sep 21 2020 07:52 PM 30.7K Views
Microsoft

Learn how to use Microsoft Power Automate to customize your Microsoft Planner tasks workflow for your organization.

7 Comments
Copper Contributor

@MelissaBathumThank you so much for the video! it was really helpful. My only question is.. 

When you automate the "when a task is completed" it doesn't specify in what bucket, so when I go with the flow and then complete the new task it was recently assigned, does that task enter again on the flow? 

Microsoft

@mariapineda Good question - yes, this would create an infinite loop of sorts. You can avoid this by adding a conditional statement checking what the bucket name equals, before creating the new task! 

Copper Contributor
Greate! thank you , if you have any chance could you insert some Screen shots on the statement checking I'm actually new at this :D
Copper Contributor
Great video on automation. The screenshot of the other training videos at the end shows the wrong video with the arrow “you just watched this video”
Copper Contributor
Ok
Microsoft

hey is there any office hour hosted for this? could you please share?

also any VSO task integration available / planned? @MelissaBathum 

Copper Contributor

Instead of using forms for task entry in planner, is there a function where an email could enter the workflow? 

Example: An email is directed to the web team with a feature request, and it is brought into the planner, and dropped into a category of "feature request" for additional review, analysis, and build out.

There is a level of automation that I would like to support through human and machine data inputs into planner.

Many thanks!
Mark