Sep 17 2020 02:59 PM - last edited on Sep 25 2020 10:48 AM by Allen
Discover the exciting improvements we’re bringing to help you architect and deploy an intelligent intranet with SharePoint. From simplifying way-finding for users across all of SharePoint including global navigation, to organizing your intranet with hubs, to unlocking new branding capabilities, and establishing sites with consistent structure and functionality. Come learn best practices for how to leverage these capabilities to implement an information architecture that connects the digital estate
Sep 22 2020 09:28 PM
Sep 23 2020 11:26 PM
Thanks for the inspiring session. Do you have any information on the roadmap for all the new features that you have shown?
Sep 24 2020 09:43 AM
@MelissaBathumGood stuff. A couple of questions:
1. Is this true Global navigation: the same navigation will be visible on all of my Hubs sites?
2. What is the best way to convert what we created as a Home site before SharePoint Home sites came to be?
3. When will all this goodness be available?
Sep 24 2020 09:50 AM
Sep 24 2020 10:01 AM
@Deb_W Thanks for watching the session!
1. The app bar will show up on all your modern communication and team sites.
2. If your existing site that you were deeming a home site, is a communication site then all you need to do is mark it as a home site officially (here is how to do that). If your existing site is classic, you can either look to transform your site or start building a new communication site and once its ready swap it out to make it the root.
3. The roadmap was posted here
Sep 24 2020 07:17 PM
I was able to watch the video yesterday but somehow it seems to be broken this evening. This is what I am seeing for the video now:
Sep 25 2020 02:05 AM
@MelissaBathum can't find this session anywhere today. The video is private and it was removed from the schedule. https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/81511
Is it possible to make it available again?
Sep 25 2020 11:33 AM
Sep 26 2020 11:18 PM
Nice way to create a seamless design between SharePoint Online and MS Teams. Really looking forward to be using SharePoint global navigation, Thank you for the video!
Oct 08 2020 02:38 AM
@MelissaBathum SharePoint app Bar: what about multilingual support?
1) Global Navigation authored by Home Site owners in can be translated?
2) In which language is showed contents (global nav, news, site, files) inside SharePoint app bar (user preferred language? Browser language? Site default language?)
3) How does SharePoint app Bar interact with modern multilingual feature?
The new features are so we expected for large organizations, where anyway the multilanguage support is critical for adoption.
Oct 14 2020 04:57 AM - edited Oct 14 2020 05:58 AM
@MelissaBathum Very nice video and great explanation and features! I do have two questions...
Nov 25 2020 06:48 PM
Great video - all very exciting, can't wait for the global navigation. Could you please advise the Feature ID reference in the Microsoft 365 Roadmap for the global navigation? I've searched but I can't find it and would love to be able to keep track of its status.
Jan 05 2021 05:44 AM
@MelissaBathum Thanks for this video - it's been really helpful when rebuilding our intranet - I can't wait for the Teams integration!
I was wondering if you'd be able to help? We've created our intranet on a communications site, made it our root site, set it up as our home site and assigned it as a hub site so we can start to build it out.
We're REALLY interested in the global navigation option, which I thought would be made available to us once we'd assigned the site as the home site, but we're not able to access this. Are we doing something wrong?
Feb 05 2021 08:14 AM
I don't see site templates when I go to Settings @MelissaBathum