SOLVED

Administrative Control Of Application Ownership

Copper Contributor

Is there any way for a tenant admin to reclaim a registered application if the individual who registered it has left the company? I understand that more than one person should be designated as the owner. And there are a number of work-arounds available.

• If the AD/Azure AD account has simply been disabled, an admin can re-enable the account, change the password, and log in under those credentials. Since the app continues to function when the owners account has been disabled, I foresee instances where the account has been deleted and its tombstone aged out.
  • Register a new application under another user's ID and update the project with this new ID/secret (although this requires figuring out what the proper app settings should be).

It would be nice if a quick/easy option were available for someone to reassign ownership of orphaned applications (and view a list of applications registered in their tenant). 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Lisa Rushworth (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Lisa,
You bring up an interesting issue, I found a question similar to yours on stackoverflow that may help. It looks like there is a solution to your issue in the comments section.
If this doesn't answer your question try reaching out to the Azure AD Team

Thank you for the response ... I am looking for item #2 in the linked post, so it looks like the answer is essentially "it's on the roadmap". I'll ask out account rep to keep us updated.

--L

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lisa Rushworth (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Lisa,
You bring up an interesting issue, I found a question similar to yours on stackoverflow that may help. It looks like there is a solution to your issue in the comments section.
If this doesn't answer your question try reaching out to the Azure AD Team

View solution in original post