SOLVED

Timing of Upgrade Notification

Steel Contributor

Does anyone have an idea of how accurate the timing of the upgrade notification is prior to the SfB online to Teams process?

According to our Dashboard the users were supposed to get a notification on March 22 that the switchover was on April 5.

Annotation 2020-03-23 145129.png

I have asked 2 users and done a Mail Trace report of all messages into our tenant and it seems nobody has received any notice yet.

It is now after noon on the 23'rd.

I wonder if this COVID-19 stuff has had an impact on the workflows?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Forrest Hoffman (Steel Contributor)
Solution

If anyone stumbles across this and was expecting e-mails to be sent to users, STOP LOOKING!

I opened a ticket with MS and they confirmed, the only notice the users get is an in-app Banner that does not include the date of the Upgrade.

Like this:

Teams_upgrade_Banner.png

Your Admins or Project Managers are expected to do the notifications using the guidance in the MS Docs

from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Forrest Hoffman (Steel Contributor)
Solution

If anyone stumbles across this and was expecting e-mails to be sent to users, STOP LOOKING!

I opened a ticket with MS and they confirmed, the only notice the users get is an in-app Banner that does not include the date of the Upgrade.

Like this:

Teams_upgrade_Banner.png

Your Admins or Project Managers are expected to do the notifications using the guidance in the MS Docs

from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams.  

View solution in original post