Universal Print Default Media Set to Envelope

Copper Contributor

I am testing out Microsoft Universal Print.  I have a Konica Minolta bizhub C650i MFP that I have gone through the process of setting up the KM "Connector for Universal Print" through the Marketplace.  The MFP is registered and shared in the Azure Portal for Universal Print.  When I add the MFP to my Windows 11 machine, under Printer Properties > Paper/Quality tab, the Media field is set to Envelelope (plain).  Any job I try to print gets hung up at the copier since it doesn't have a paper match.  Any ideas why it's defaulting to Envelope, and how I can fix that?

4 Replies
I had the same/similar issue printing directly from OneDrive but with a UP Ready Xerox. The issue was going to be forwarded to the team but I have not seen any answer or update which mentions a fix yet. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/universal-print/printing-from-onedrive-prompts-for-paper-size...

@Dsorgtpud Could you confirm if you (or any other admin) updated the input bin default value of the printer using Graph API?

I did not do that.

@Dsorgtpud / @AndreasAsander - while the symptoms look similar both of you might be facing different issues. We will need further data to investigate the issue.

To look into this data we will need both of you to open a Support case with Microsoft. You can do the same by going to Azure Support portal (Or on Universal Print admin portal, go to the Help section in left navigation panel).