Compatible with AADDS?

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, 

Quick question - I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this (or maybe my google-fu is letting me down) 

Can universal be used in environments that are using AADDS & AAD only? or does this feature only work if you are using 'Full' Active Directory + AAD sync? 

Thanks

Andrew

3 Replies
I think the main requirement will be the client device is hybrid or Azure AD only joined (irrespective of whether it is Azure/On-prem/virtual etc)

I quickly tested one of our WVD Windows 10 desktops which is AAD DS only joined and there is no option to use Universal Print

Thank you, @JamesC95.
Yes. If the PC is only joined to an AADDS domain, it won't reach out to Universal Print to see if there are cloud printers to which the user has access. That's because it doesn't know what Azure tenant to connect to. If you then add a "Work or school account" to that PC that connects it to an Azure tenant that has Universal Print, you can search for and install printers from Universal Print.

Thanks for the response guys.

Without wanting to get too off topic 'If you then add a "Work or school account" to that PC that connects it to an Azure tenant that has Universal Print, you can search for and install printers from Universal Print.'
^^ that is not possible within multi-session Azure Virtual Desktop is it?