Direct printing

Upvotes

Upvote

Apr 29 2020
6 Comments (6 New)
Looking into it

Please implement direct printing for computer and printer in same subnet

liket this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/jj134156(v=ws.11)

Comments
Microsoft
Status changed to: Duplicate

We are tracking this feature request using the following feedback.

Similar feature as Branch Caching - Cloud managed but print stay local - Microsoft Tech Community

Microsoft
Status changed to: Looking into it

Copper Contributor

Upvoted this feature request, unnecessary overhead with 0.05 dollar for each printjob is just ridiculous. Either increase the included amount of printjobs in the license, which is only 5 right now. Or lower the cost to purchase additional print volume. @Rani_Abdellatif 

Copper Contributor

One feature that was nice to see in windows was Branch office direct printing.  Printing directly to a printer is the best thing you can do for performance and speed of output.  Spooling to the cloud is somewhat going backwards in my opinion.  I think the only thing that should be spooled onto a server or cloud would be the jobs meta data not the actual file job itself.  In an environment like a law firm where you print volumes of documents PDF's and other large documents, spooling a job locally is the best and why I like the branch office direct printing.  So if there is a way to figure out a world where we can manage the information of the data so we can have reporting billing information yet keep the raw data direct to printer, it would be great.   

Copper Contributor

I think this will be able to address the concers like submitting large print jobs the users going to experience latency issues(The kind of data that travels between the machine towards cloud from there to on prem Printer) 
And concers like add extra costs on Network , mobile data bill, etc.
Also some sites which having not great bandwidth they kind of not ready/Agree to onboard the solution, because of the network usage the product is going to take etc.

Copper Contributor

Will Branch Office Direct Printing be available for Universal Print