Unable to print to Ricoh MFD

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I just started trying universal print. I managed to published printer onto my azure and able to add cloud printer to my windows 10 client.

But i can't get my Ricoh MFD to print out the job.

On the printer job list, it showed completed, 

I've attached the connector tool log and some screenshots.

Is there some settings that needs to to be done on specific manufacturers MFD in order to make this work?

3 Replies

@hiewchernhin, is the physical printer setup to require some form of badge release?

If not, I recommend opening a support ticket with Microsoft CSS so they can help you troubleshoot the problem.  You can file a support ticket at https://aka.ms/upsupport-azureportal.  If you don't have an Azure subscription then the Universal Print option will not be shown. In that case open a Azure support case and in the description specify that your case needs to be routed to the Universal Print team.

Regards,

Jimmy

@Jimmy_Wu I got the direct print to work eventually so its all good. Thanks for your suggestion.

I was trying with secure release but did not work. i guess it is not compatible with Ricoh print driver authentication at the moment.

@hiewchernhin, glad to hear that at least direct print is working for you.  If you are working with a print solution provider for your secure release functionality, they may be able to help you evaluate whether the existing secure release solution is compatible with Universal Print.

We are actively working with different printer OEMs and print solution providers and would be happy to work with them to have a path forward.

Regards,

Jimmy