Unable to find Universal Printer on Azure Windows Server 2019 VM

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

After setting up universal print in Azure and Microsoft 365 with proper user privileges, connectors, and universal printer, I have created a VM with Azure AD joined.

However,  when I login to this admin Azure User, in Printer Setting user interface, when I click on Add Printer, I DID NOT notice a link (after some time) at the bottom saying something like "Search for Universal Print for printers" or "Search for your organization printers"?

Instead, I got "The printer I want isn't listed it". How can I troubleshot this issue? 

Note: I did not find anything registry in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\current\<SID>\EnterpriseCloudPrint

Thanks

2 Replies

@MarcCarvalho 

I have tried different ways in Win Server 2019 on Azure VM with no luck (including update the latest win patch). 

However, when I switch to Win 10 on Azure VM, the printer find works. Does this mean Universal Print only works for Win 10?

@MarcCarvalho Windows Server 2019 does not support the option to install Universal Print printers. Please note the client requirements here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/universal-print/fundamentals/universal-print-getting-started#prereq...

Thanks,
Saurabh