SOLVED

Ricoh Devices - Cannot MS UP and PrintUp after wake?

Brass Contributor

Greetings,

We have configured a few (3) of our Ricoh devices for MS Universal Print.  Printing works OK.  The next day after returning to the office - if we print - the print job fails to output on the printer.  When I check the Print Up app on the device - it doesn't show as active.  I log in to the device MOP as admin - open the Print Up app - and all is good.   We can print again.  That is, until the next day.  The device does sleep after a period of time.  Ricoh support has disabled the hard sleep. 

Is this a common problem?  Anyone have a solution that we might try.

I appreciate any help.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution
Ricoh-USA plans to release the updated version of the PrintUP application by end of July. It is expected to resolve this issue. Please try when it becomes available.
Thank you.
I'm still seeing this issue even after updating the PrintUP application. After the update, it seems to not be as frequent, but we still have to power cycle the printer in order for it to show as active in the universal print portal. This will happen a couple of times a month. @Floyds_on_Greenwood 
Which devices have this issue ? Can you please specify device models ?

@HimanshuJo We have two IM C3000.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution
Ricoh-USA plans to release the updated version of the PrintUP application by end of July. It is expected to resolve this issue. Please try when it becomes available.
Thank you.

View solution in original post