Registering Printer Failed in for FujiXerox SC2020

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I received the email for activating Universal Printer. I have completed the setup up to Connector registration. While registering the printer I received some system runtime exceptions. I have listed the error log below. Anyone knows how to resolve this error. 

Register printer start: FujiXerox SC2020
Sending Registration Request... System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformationCollection> Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.String>, Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformationKind)'.
at ProxyLibrary.Printer.<GetSystemProperty>d__64.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at ProxyLibrary.Printer.GetSystemProperty(String printerName, String propertyName)
at ProxyLibrary.Printer.<GetManufacturer>d__65.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ProxyLibrary.RegisterHelper.<SendRegistrationRequest>d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ProxyLibrary.Register.<RegisterPrinter>d__27.MoveNext()

5 Replies

Thanks @Vimal_Vamadevan! Can you please contact Microsoft Support? They will help collect the necessary logs for us to debug the issue.

Can you also share the printer driver and version that you are using for this printer on the connector?

@Saurabh_Bansal 

Hi, The version of drive used is Microsoft published driver is used and the version is 6.3.9600.16384. I do not think I have the right support agreements in place to get Microsoft support. Can I use Office 365 support?

@Vimal_Vamadevan , you can use either Windows Commercial Support, Azure Support Center or Services Hub.

I am also little unsure about the driver details that you posted. Is it a v3 driver? Is it any of the following drivers?

https://www.support.xerox.com/support/global-printer-driver/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=win1...

https://www.support.xerox.com/support/docucentre-sc2020/downloads/enin.html?operatingSystem=win10x64

@Saurabh_Bansal 

Thanks for the replay. The driver was the latest I could find on their website. I will try to reach out to support. 

@Vimal_Vamadevan what is the version of Windows where the Connector is installed on?

We support Windows Server 2016+ and Windows Client 1809+ 

Another thought was reinstalling the Connector from the official download link. The error you saw indicated either an unsupported version of Windows or corrupted installation of the Connector.