SOLVED

Registered Cloud Printer isn't having correct driver

Brass Contributor

This is the step i did:

1) add local printer into Windows 10 and install with Ricoh PCL6 Driver for Universal Print
2) register this Ricoh printer to Azure Universal Print via PrintConnector
3) Share this cloud printer to users
4) Add cloud printers into user computers
5) Able to print

But the added cloud printer is showing Universal Print Class Driver  which give lesser options in Printing Preference.

Did i missed any step?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Bryan_Lim (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan_Lim We think that Universal Print's driverless flow should enable most features used in enterprise printing once we finish building out our feature set.

If you foresee some scenarios that Universal Print won't support out-of-the-box with IPP (custom features that you use from any drivers you typically install), we'd definitely love to hear about them!

Please post those on the Feature Requests page so that we can track and prioritize your request :)

@Bryan_Lim   Same here...this just killed us. We have to staple! 

@Braeden_Petruk_MSFT Will print to mailbox such as this be possible:
Output-Method-Store.png

Also, is it not possible to change to a different driver at this point as show in this howto? I've not gotten it to change.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bryan_Lim (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan_Lim We think that Universal Print's driverless flow should enable most features used in enterprise printing once we finish building out our feature set.

If you foresee some scenarios that Universal Print won't support out-of-the-box with IPP (custom features that you use from any drivers you typically install), we'd definitely love to hear about them!

Please post those on the Feature Requests page so that we can track and prioritize your request :)

View solution in original post