SOLVED

Operations List - Status Failed

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I am using the connector to add the printers to Azure. the printer that I am trying to add is Xerox WorkCentre 5755. I installed the connector to the printer server and after selecting the printers, in the Operations List, the status is Failed. From the Event Viewer, I can see the following error: 

Register printer start: Suite 150

Sending Registration Request... System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformationCollection> Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.String>, Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformationKind)'.

at ProxyLibrary.Printer.<GetSystemProperty>d__64.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)

at ProxyLibrary.Printer.GetSystemProperty(String printerName, String propertyName)

at ProxyLibrary.Printer.<GetManufacturer>d__65.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at ProxyLibrary.RegisterHelper.<SendRegistrationRequest>d__9.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at ProxyLibrary.Register.<RegisterPrinter>d__27.MoveNext()

Do you have any advice?

3 Replies

@aaznar, if this is still an issue even when using the latest Connector (https://aka.ms/UPConnectorMSI), please open a support ticket with Microsoft CSS so they can help you troubleshoot the problem.  You can file a support ticket at https://aka.ms/upsupport-azureportal.  If you don't have an Azure subscription then the Universal Print option will not be shown. In that case open a Azure support case and in the description specify that your case needs to be routed to the Universal Print team.

Regards,

Jimmy

best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution

@Jimmy_Wu I was able to add the printers to Azure. 

I needed to install the PCL driver for the printers and registered them from a 2016 R2 server or 1903 or updated OS. 

Thank you for your help. 

@aaznar, glad to hear that you were able to resolve the problem.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution

@Jimmy_Wu I was able to add the printers to Azure. 

I needed to install the PCL driver for the printers and registered them from a 2016 R2 server or 1903 or updated OS. 

Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post