Error registering connector StatusCode: 500, ReasonPhrase: 'Internal Server Error

Copper Contributor

Installed latest stable build and also latest canary build and get same issue

UniversalPrintConnectorInstaller.1.34.7683.23623.exe

UniversalPrintConnectorInstaller.1.37.7724.37269.exe

Had a few issues installing connector (due to msi files not being signed but fixed that). Install completes, services on the local machine have started, have logged in using a Global Admin, have Microsoft 365 E3 License assigned to the same user. Registering the connector fails:

Error from Event Viewer: 

Register connector start: UPADE
Sending connector registration request... Done

Checking Registration status...
StatusCode: 500, ReasonPhrase: 'Internal Server Error', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 9AFDC5C5BCEE460D9FBE7E8C0124018A Ref B: SYD03EDGE0807 Ref C: 2021-03-03T09:38:42Z
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 09:38:42 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
}

3 Replies

@SamSpronk I am experiencing similar - not sure if you need to explicitly assign a Universal Print license or whether assigning the Office/Windows license will do this. I suspect the former, but Universal Print licenses do not show in our tenant.

Update: I have been retrying to register the connector a few times since I made this post with no luck, however just a few minutes ago I retried and it has progressed and completed the registration step. I can now see the connecter in the Azure Universal Print Portal.

@SamSpronk There was a known outage during this time that resulted in performance issues with registration and accessing Universal Print portal. This issue is now mitigated.

PARTIALLY MITIGATED - Universal Print performance degradation (3/3/2021 - 3/4/2021) - Microsoft Tech...

Please let us know if you continue to see issues with Azure Support portal.

Thanks

Saurabh